Museum Sursilvan Cuort Ligia Grischa
The historical museum in a magnificent Baroque building
As a building and a museum, Cuort Ligia Grischa, also embodies the history of Surselva. The Baroque house, built between 1674 and 1679, served the abbots of Disentis as a summer residence and at the same time was the town hall of the ‘Grey League’ which, together with the church and League of the Ten Jurisdictions, was the origin of present-day Graubünden. The museum has magnificent rooms such as a state judge’s chambers and a heraldic hall and shows exhibits from regional history and Surselva traditional culture. Tribute is paid to the Trun artists Alois Carigiet (1902-1985) and Matias Spescha (1925-2008). What can also be seen in the museum is the root of the maple under which the oath of the Grey League was sworn in 1424. The museum also realises special exhibitions in the fields of art and culture. Opened in 1934, the museum maintains various collections of traditional culture, a collection of weapons and a library. Works are also displayed by the local artists Alois Carigiet and Matias Spescha. The historic contents of the Baroque house are also of historical value, be it the heraldic shields of all state judges of the Grey League (in the heraldic hall) or the erstwhile living area of the Disentis abbots.
Museum Sursilvan Cuort Ligia Grischa Trun
Via principala 90
7166 Trun
Tel. +41 (0)81 943 25 83
For the latest information on opening hours, admission prices and guided tours, visit the institution's website.